March 16, 2009

Glenn Beck. Please, grow a pair.

If I have to watch Glenn Beck cry one more time, I may grow volatile. Look at this clip from the opening of one of his recent shows.



Why is this guy on television? I really want to know. Beck has had a rough life and seems to have come out of it with some severe emotional problems. He cries, a lot. He nearly cried about Sarah Palin; not for the reasons I did, but because he feels like she's "his kind of leader".

As some have said, in these moments, Beck seems more like a cult leader than a commentator. Through his show, he is influencing many, many people who haven't realized what's wrong with the FOX News Network, and have also had hard lives and may be a little unstable themselves. I'm slightly afraid of that.

His performance in the above clip was so over the top that I actually found myself growing angry watching him. I contemplated driving to his house and stomping on his feet.

Just like on his show, Beck's 9/12 project website states, "We want to get everyone thinking like it is September 12th, 2001 again."

Well, guess what, Glenn. I do not want to feel like I did on September 12th, 2001. I don't know anyone with any sense who does. As a matter of fact, everyone I know wants to go back to feeling like we did on September 10th.

Do us all a favor and work on that one, will ya? Oh, and if you can - without the crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment